Drains and Clogs
Sinks, toilets, and tubs are used on a daily basis in both homes and businesses. Although these are often taken for granted, they become a big issue when drains get clogged. Noticing that the water is draining very slowly is often the first sign.
Since they are used so frequently it’s not surprising that dirt, soap scum, grease, and oil eventually build up and cause the clogs. Sometimes a plunger will do the job, but sometimes it takes professional help. There are a few other warning signs to be aware of:
- After flushing the toilet, it “gurgles”.
- When you use faucets, the washing machine, dishwasher, or toilet and water comes up the bathtub drain.
- The water in the toilet lowers or rises for no apparent reason.
- Unpleasant odors.
Although you can’t prevent a tree from growing into your sewer line there are some things you can do to help prevent clogs from occurring.
- Put filters or screens over sink and tub drains to help keep hair and soap scum from going into the pipes.
- When cooking allow grease to cool and then pour into a container and throw into the trash.
- Compost coffee grounds.
- Occasionally, pour a cup of white vinegar down drains and let sit for 30 minutes. Then run very hot water down the drain – this helps remove buildup.
Brown Plumbing Drain Cleaning Services
Brown Plumbing will determine if the problem is just a result of everyday use or something else. It may be that a root has grown into the sewer pipe. Or it could be that there is a buildup of waste materials.
After determining what the problem is, we get to work to resolve the it. This may be as simple as using a drain snake. However, determining the cause of the problem may require a video sewer inspection. From drain snakes to hydro-jetters, our expertise along with the state-of-the-art equipment we use will ensure that the problem is resolved. If the cause is a root in the sewer line, we’re equipped to handle that as well.
Brown Plumbing looks forward to helping to get your drains flowing smoothly. Give us a call at 850-545-0581.