TANKLESS WATER HEATERS
Tankless Water Heaters
Tankless water heaters, also called on-demand water heaters, are becoming more and more popular. As the name implies, there is no tank and water is heated only as it is needed.
How do tankless water heaters work?
A tankless water heater uses a heat exchanger to heat the water. When the hot water faucet is turned on, cold water goes into the water heater and is heated to a pre-selected temperature by a gas burner. When the faucet is turned off, cold water stops flowing and the heater turns off.
Things to consider when choosing a tankless water heater
- Flow rate: This is important if you use several appliances at the same time that require hot water. If you have a hot tub, that too, needs to be taken into consideration.
- Size: How many people are using the hot water will help you make that determination.
Advantages of tankless water heaters:
There are many advantages to investing in a tankless water heater.
- Life span: up to 10 years longer than tank heaters.
- Less energy use: Since there is no tank with hot water being continually heated, they don’t have the same standby energy losses.
- Savings on energy bills: You’ll see savings of up to 20 percent on your water heating bills.
- Unlimited supply of water: You can be in the shower, the dishwasher can be running, and the washing machine can be using hot water at the same time.
- Compact: They take up less space because there is no tank. They can be mounted on a wall, under cabinets, or in a closet.
- No flooding: Since there is no tank to rupture, the potential for flooding is eliminated.
Brown Plumbing Inc. of Tallahassee specializes in installing and repairing tankless water heaters. We look forward to talking with you and helping you decide if tankless water heater is best for you. Give us a call at 850-545-0581.